Climbing a mountain is an adventure for all all levels of climbers. It’s for those who like the leisurely stroll up level 1 and 2 beginner level hiking trails and mountain climbs, to the serious adventurers who scale the more experience mountains. The good news, is that there is something for everyone. There are many mountaineering groups in Cebu, Luzon, Mindanao and many other places in the Philippines that allows you to form life long friendships with common interests. Listed below are Mountaineering Clubs along with contact information so you can get a group together, or find out the schedule of climbs in your area. Check out our Philippines Mountain Hiking Guide for a listing of great climbs from beginner hiking trails to expert level Mountain climbs. Joining a Mountaineering group may just provide that inspirational form of adventure that you have been seeking and allow you to meet other men and women who share your same interests!
Cebu, Luzon, Mindanao, Visayas (and More) Mountaineering Groups
We have linked to the Mountaineering groups that are currently active. This doesn’t mean the others don’t still exist, it’s just that we couldn’t verify an active online presence.
Group Contact Info, Schedule and Meet Ups
You can contact many of these clubs through their Facebook page. Some of them offer a schedule of their next climbs and meet up times. Unfortunately, some are not updated regularly (but fortunately some are!)
- Abe Mountaineering and Trekking Society – This is a Facebook group. Their last posting is in 2015 with 769 “Likes”
- Agos Gensan Group – This is a closed Facebook group with 26 members.
- Angkan Mountaineering Society – Closed group, but you can try to join! From Manila
- Bagtas Mountaineering Group
- Base Camp of Outdoor Club of Laguna – 1099 Members. Closed group but appears to be active. Feel free to join.
- Campground antique – 32 members
- Cebu Mountaineering Alliance – Not active anymore
- Cuernos De Negros Mountaineers – Dumaguette City (As of September, 2016 they are an active group). They schedule climbs and is a good place for people to meet friends, especially if you reside in the Dumaguette area.
- Dahong Mountaineers – Active in 2017 (San Pedro, Laguna).
- Digos Outdoors Active Mountaineers
- Eastern Metro Manila Mountaineers – Website for people live in Eastern Metro Manila as well as surrounding areas like Marikina.
- Ewit Mountaineers (Cebu City) – No longer active
- Green Mountain Tribe – Currently active
- GSM Trekkers – Google blogger… Hasn’t been updated in a long time.
- Hakams.org Mountaineering Society – Website about climbers / hikers who have been friends for 15+ years.
- Monkeyneering Groups – Facebook group of 189 members.
- Pup Mountaineers Inc – Facebook group of 140 members.
- Team Tamad Mountaineers – Currently active in 2017
Do you have an outdoors, adventure, hiking, camping, climbing group that you would like to have listed on our site? Please email us at [email protected] and we will add your website. We also appreciate any links that you can give us as well! Thanks and see you at the top!